Rev. F. M. Gaines, Waycross District Superintendent, and Rev. J. C. G. Brooks, pastor of Waycross FUMC, worked with Rev. W. A. Sedgewick, pastor, to choose the old Odum Commissary for the site of a new church. The building was readied and services began on September 10, 1939. Rev. Gaines conducted a church conference and the church was organized. The name Winona Park was agreed upon and Rev. Sedgewick was appointed pastor. Eight lots were purchased in 1940, plans were drafted and cement blocks poured to construct the sanctuary. On April 11, 1943, the church family marched from the Commissary to the new church singing “When the Saints Go Marching In.” The MYF, Sunday school and Woma
n's Society of Christian Service were organized immediately. Bishop Arthur J. Moore helped celebrate the fourth homecoming and his niece, Miss Betty Ruth Sellers, married Rev. Freeman, pastor of Winona Park. A parsonage was built and completed by May 20, 1947. In 1954, the Methodist Men's Club was formed and, in 1955-1958, a new educational annex was constructed and the sanctuary was redecorated with new pews, carpet and pulpit furniture added. An organ was also purchased at this time.
Groundbreaking for the expansion of the sanctuary was held on June 23, 1985. Rev. Calvin C. Hays was pastor at this time and delivered the first sermon in the new space on September 7, 1986. During the 1990s, Disciple Bible Studies were conducted, a regular Acolyte program started, annual family picnics held at the college, and the educational wing renovated.