West Green UMC - South Central


History

In 1915, ten miles north of Douglas, a small town was named West Green after its founders Mr. Westbrook and Mr. Green. Originally, Mr. George Washington Lott gave land for a school, a Methodist church, and a Baptist church. The two churches were identical and sat next to each other. A road was paved in front of these structures and the right of way took so much land that a lot was purchased and the present church was built in 1952-1955, under the pastorate of Rev. Byron C. Davis. The sanctuary is wooden with white siding and improvements made through the years include restrooms, air conditioning, new pews, windows and lighting fixtures. In 1969-1970, a social hall was added. The Woman's Society of Christian Service was organized by Mrs. J. A. Wiggins, the pastor's wife, in 1949. This church has been on the Nichols Charge as well as the Lone Hill Circuit

 

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.