In 1903, the Methodists of Soperton began a meeting in a log structure on South Second Street. When Rev. J. E. Sampley was assigned to the Soperton Charge in 1918, he found a large, wooden church in need of repair and paint. Soperton had just become the county seat of the newly formed Treutlen County
. Rev. Sampley had 6 churches in which to preach on the charge. In 1940, Rev. Frank Nalls, Jr. preached in 8 churches on the Soperton charge. By 1968, there was just Soperton and Midway with Rev. Don Proctor as pastor.