When the railroad came to this area, the new town of Woodbine was born. The church, organized on May 3, 1896, drew its membership from Antioch and Forest View Churches. Forest View began in 1885, with a sanctuary built by 1890. The membership was transferred to Woodbine in the early 1900's. Antioch was established in 1891 on land given by J. K. Bedell. Their membership was transferred to the newly organized Woodbine in 1896. The present church was built in 1896, on land given by Mr. Bedell. The first Women's Missionary Society began in 1902. The church was remodeled in 1930, with educational space added in 1938-1945, and in 1955. The original building is now brick veneered. In 1945, this church became a station.