With about twelve families, this church was organized in 1895 with Rev. Whitley Langston, the pastor. The first church was built in 1895 just south of the present site. The present one was begun in 1948 with the first service being held March 1952 and dedicated on August 2, 1953
. The lovely windows are memorials. While Rev. S. P. Clary was the pastor in 1967-1968, he was planning a new fellowship hall but he died before it was completed. When finished, it was named S. P. Clary Social Hall and dedicated in April 1971.
This church was on the White Oak Charge in the Waycross District from the start except for a period when it was on the Brunswick Circuit. Beginning in the 1990s, the church was on the North Camden Circuit and remains there as of 2017. The church was named Church of the Year in 1997 for the Waycross District. In 1999, planning for construction of the educational building was begun.