After this church was organized early in the nineteenth century, the first building was dedicated on November 29, 1857, by Bishop George F. Pierce. The present building is the third to house the congregation. The land on which the present church stands was given by Henry Wilkes Jones and the church was built by the four Jones brothers, William, James, Joseph, and Henry. An additional two acres of land was later donated by James Vickers Jones. A cemetery is located behind the church with the descendants of the Jones brothers buried there. When first organized, services were held once a month. In those horse and buggy days, the preacher and his family came and stayed a week with one of the members. In 1919, this church was on the Midville Circuit, Dublin District, with Rev. A. P. Segars as pastor. In 1951, extensive repairs were made to the church
. It was painted inside and out, pews were repainted, the floor was carpeted, and chandeliers were installed. The churches on this circuit included Fair Haven, Almire, Summertown, and Midville. In 1940, this church was in the Savannah District on the charge with Millen. On November 30, 1969, a formal dedication service was held in the new education building. In 1970, Fair Haven withdrew from the Millen Charge and formed a charge with Habersham. The first pastor on the new charge was Rev. Spencer Campbell of West Virginia. In 1975, the sanctuary was painted inside and out and the shutters were replaced.