Harden's Chapel UMC, originally Wesley Chapel, was organized on October 14, 1863, on land that was donated by Hanna McNabb. The building was burned during the Civil War and the site was transferred a few miles west of the original location. On July 5, 1891, a new church building was begun on the original site with the name changed to Harden's Chapel, in honor of Uriah Harden who contributed one hundred dollars. Uriah H. Harden, Evan Parker, and George B. Johnson were trustees at this time. Rev. W. M. C. Conley was the pastor and Rev. Jimmy D. Anthony was presiding elder. The present building is the fourth structure built in 1947. A large cemetery adjoins the church.