The deed for Maple Springs is dated November 11, 1857, although some of its members had been attending Snell Bridge. Aleck Sumner and Williamson Rowland built the church with just an ax and hauled the flooring from Oconee with oxen
. In 1898, under the pastorate of Rev. Simon A. Hearn, a new church was built. This church has been on many circuits including Wrightsville and Scott. In 1940, it was placed on the Adrian Circuit, and in 1941 back to the Wrightsville Circuit.