Sometime between 1912 and 1914, this church was organized in a school with Rev. M. A. Shaw as its first pastor. In 1922, the first and present building was built. In 1968, a classroom building and fellowship hall were added. Before its present assignment, the charge was a member of the Oliver Circuit. The 1924 Minutes of the South Georgia Annual Conference show that the Board of Church Extension made a donation of one hundred seventy-five dollars to Silver Hill in the Savannah District for their church building so that they would open "speedily for service free of debt."
Restrooms were added in 1967, and, under the pastorate of Rev. Alvin L. Wynn, two concrete block buildings were constructed. One building contains three classrooms and the other contains a social hall and kitchen. While Rev. Wayne Steadman was the pastor, a request was made for a church and community worker, and Deaconess Eva Crenshaw was assigned to the charge. Miss Crenshaw retired in 1970, and Miss Olive Hicks was appointed.
The social hall was enlarged in 1974, and dedicated in 1975, with Dr. Varnell officiating. From 1977 to 1979, Silver Hill UMC was a six-lane giver to missions. In 1978, the church was painted and a youth director, Mr. Bruce Owens, was hired for the charge.