The first date recorded was April 22, 1905, with Rev. B. H. Trammall as pastor and thirty members of Oak Grove. In 1910, the Oak Grove church was moved to the Evelyn Station and they had thirty-five members with T. G. Hart as secretary and treasurer. In 1915, a wind storm blew the building down. Mr. Hardy T. Hart gave a plot of land for the relocation of Evelyn Church. In 1940-1941, Evelyn had to move again so that an Air Force base could be built on their land. The new site was bought from Mr. J. B. Lewis, Sr. and the first building constructed included a sanctuary and two Sunday school rooms. Eighteen years after the building's construction, it was brick veneered. More land was purchased from Mr. Herbert Lewis and a fellowship hall was built. In 1971-1972, a parsonage was added, Rev. Gerald Miller became the first full-time pastor and Evelyn became a station church. UMM, UMW, and MYF have been active at Evelyn throughout the history of the church.