In 1905, a few, dedicated people met in the home of Sister Vickie James with Rev. P. W. Rock serving as pastor. A brush arbor was built on the site where the old building now stands until a small building was erected and named Hamilton Chapel Methodist Church. The first stewards were Lyod Taylor, Frank Floyd, John Collins, Thomas Brown, and Fred Brown. Several small chapels have merged with this church: Bellview, Widow's Chapel, and Wesley Chapel in Jeffersontown. In 1966, under the pastorate of Rev. L. J. Thomas, plans were finalized for the building of a new church. On July 9, 1972, the new sanctuary was consecrated with Rev. U. C. Dukes as pastor.