This church, originally called Trinity, was organized in a home in "Belcher Quarters" by two members and a preacher. They had two plank buildings and the foundation for a third building, which was to be brick, laid in 1877. Eight years later the rest of the church was complete. Then they discovered that it was built on the wrong land, but the owner of the land gave it to the church, provided the church would be named Nannie B. Williams. That building is still in use but has been brick veneered. In 1974, a social hall was built with the help of the South Georgia Work Team. Recent improvements include furniture, carpeting, a new piano and new lights. In 1972, this church was placed on the Waynesboro Circuit, Statesboro District when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference. In 1974, it was placed on the Simmons Circuit.