Oak Hill UMC - Coastal


History

This church is located in Camden County a little way off Bartram's Trail. Organized before the Civil War, for years the congregation didn't know its denomination. Following the Civil War, it was unused; several groups tried to buy it, but the Methodists succeeded. For a time it was also used as a school. The wooden building was built in the early 1900s, and in 1973 the South Georgia Conference Work Team helped to begin a new concrete block building. In 1972, this church was part of the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference when it merged with the South Georgia Conference, and this church and the Woodbine Circuit became a part of the Waycross District. It was the first Black-owned church in Camden County. 

 

Location

1168 3-R Fish Camp Road
White Oak GA 31568

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.