Haven Sheffield UMC
formed with the merger of Haven UMC and Sheffield UMC in 1998.
was organized in 1870 with fifteen members. The present building replaced a wooden one-room building which was built in the early 1900
s. Among the early pastors is Rev. A. G. Amos. In 1972, this church became a part of the Waycross District. It was at this time that the Conference helped this church plan and build a block and brick structure with a multipurpose sanctuary and fellowship hall with classrooms. It has since built a sanctuary adjoining the first unit.
UMC was organized in 1854, with twenty members. Their second church was built after the Civil War and the third structure was built in 1911. The present building replaced the 1911 sanctuary and is a concrete black structure erected in 1969. There is a very old cemetery under the oak trees by the side of the church. In 1972, this church became part of the South Georgia Conference, Waycross District. This church is named from a charter member, Mr. Jack Sheffield, Sr.