This church was organized in 1867, in Screven County. Members started by holding prayer meetings in Brother Dembo Kittles' home. A brush arbor was erected on Mr. Bud Miller's property and the church met here for four years. The first pastor was Rev. Tom Baker and the second home was Rev. Stephen Jenkins. The land was located to be used
as a church structure and two acres of land was deeded to Dembo Kittles, Let Daughtry and Ranel Johnson. In 1872, Rev. Moses McKinley started with a small membership which grew until 1880, when the church was destroyed by fire. After the fire, the land was secured from Mr. John E. Parker and a brush arbor was constructed. After three years, trustees were elected to secure a new building for the church. The trustees purchased one acre from Mr. Jim Parker and one acre from Mr. John Parker, for a total of two acres, and they started another church.
Under Rev. D. L. Rooks' pastorate, 47 members were added to the roll, two restrooms were added to the building, and a new heating system was installed. The 4-H Club landscaped the church in 1963, under the guidance of Mrs. Effie Gordon and Mrs. Thelma Adams. A bus was purchased which picked people up and brought them to church increasing attendance 50%.
In 1974, when Grace Chapel merged with this church, the members of Grace Chapel would help tear down their church, if Horse Creek members provided the meal. Grace was torn down and space added to Horse Creek UMC. This church was part of the Coastal District of North Georgia and was placed in the Statesboro District when transferred to the South Georgia Conference.