In 1886, Mr. Foster laid the foundation for the first Methodist church building in Enigma. It was a rough board structure built by Western and Gunn near the sight of the present church building. On August 10, 1887, Mrs. Mary A. B. Hall deeded an acre of land in front of this first building to the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. A second church building was built in 1888 and was very decorative with lovely colored glass windows
. The church was placed on the Alapaha Circuit with Rev. J. G. Ahern serving as the first pastor. Next, the church was assigned to the Willacoochee circuit. During the ministry of N. H. Olmstead, a storm struck the church building and destroyed it. The same lumber was used to rebuild it but not as attractively. The church was moved to the Chula Circuit, back to Willacoochee and back to Chula. In 1944, Enigma was placed back with the Alapaha Charge. In 1957, the church was moved back from the street and completely remodeled with the help of the members. Sunday school rooms were added to the back of the church with folding doors and tables and, in 1970, a kitchen and restrooms were included.