When Rev. Tom Standford was pastor of the Cordele Church, he organized a Sunday school and church services in an unused Free Will Baptist Church in the Midway Community. He was assisted by Palmer H. Greene as superintendent of the Sunday school. When Rev. O. B. Chester was assigned to this charge, he helped to formally organize Midway and to purchase the property from the Free Will Baptists. The Building was a tall wooden structure with a high steeple and bell; in 1926, it was completely demolished by a storm; only the organ was unharmed. A new building was soon under construction and services were held in a nearby school until the new building was ready. It was dedicated the first Sunday of November 1927 by Rev. Standford. Memorial stained-glass windows were installed in the early 1980s. Services were held each Sunday with Lay Speakers speaking on the three Sunday. In June 2011 the church was part of the newly formed Midway/Wenona Charge. In July 2014, the church became a station church.