This is the third building that this church has built since it was organized in 1906, with Rev. R. M. Booth, the pastor of the Arabi Circuit, helping to organize it. The first building was blown down by a wind in 1908 and had to be rebuilt. For this rebuilding, the Conference Board of Church Extension granted them $100 which meant that it would soon be open for worship debt free
. In 1941, the old church was torn down and the new one built in its place. In 1919, Rev. C. L. Wall was the pastor of the Arabi Circuit which had Arabi, Wenona, Mt. Carmen and Zion's Hope. In 1940, Wenona was on the Warwick Charge with Arabi, Warwick, Union Oakfield, and Wenona. At one time it was with Seville.
In 1957, two additional Sunday school rooms, two restrooms and a new choir loft were added to the church. In 1965, the building was extended fifteen feet, a new kitchen added, central heat/air installed and the building bricked. In 1969, the parsonage was built. It became a station in 1972. In 1977, the Thompson Memorial Fellowship Hall, containing a kitchen and restrooms, was built. During the 1980s, the parsonage was renovated, a puppet ministry started, and stained glass windows installed in the sanctuary. The church was named Church of the Year for the Americus District for 1988. In 1989, the first pictorial directory was published. In 2001, Wenona was on a charge with DeSoto UMC. In 2004, the church became part of the Midway/Wenona Charge. In 2005, the fellowship hall flooded and carpeting and other objects had to be replaced. The church celebrated its one hundredth anniversary in 2006. It became a station church again in 2010.