This church began in 1870, is organized in a structure used both as a school and church
. The preacher from Dawson came out for service once a month until 1877, at which time Rev. J. M. Austin was assigned as pastor. The land was given by Dr. Iverson Dutton Graves. This structure was destroyed by a tornado in 1943. In one year, less a day, from the damaging tornado, a second building was completed in a new location. It is a brick church with a 26-foot steeple and a white brick cross inset over the entrance. In 1973, Graves charge was chosen as Charge of the Year for the Americus District.