First organized in 1873, in a schoolhouse, this church erected its first building, a white wooden structure, in 1876. Its first known pastor was Rev. G. W. Thomas in 1902. In 1908, the cornerstone was laid for the present brick structure. Its art glass windows are original. An organ was installed in 1947, a new parsonage built in 1957, and a fellowship hall added in the mid-1960s. The church was named Rural Charge of the Year for 1957-1958. In 1978, there were 20 members who had been in the church for 50 or more years.