During the pastorate of Rev. W. E. McCord, Sardis, Pleasant Grove, and Langston Chapel were consolidated into a new church called Westview. A red, brick building was constructed in 1963, and Rev. Harold Jennings was assigned as pastor. In the History of Early County, Joel Perry states that Pleasant Grove was the first church built in Early County. All three churches existed before 1919, and are listed in the Minutes of that year as being on the Blakely Circuit with Rev. M. M. Pierce as pastor. Hilton and Freeman's Church were also on this circuit. In the 1930s, Langston Chapel had an influx of persons who came to work for the mills and enjoyed a period of new life.