This church was organized in the 1860s, by a group of Methodists from Pleasant Grove. It first met in a brush arbor. On November 1, 1889, E. Hilton gave land for a building stating in his deed that the land belonged to the church so long as "no intoxicating liquors of any kind" were allowed on the premises. A breach of any kind would return the land to his heirs
. The present building was constructed on this property in the 1890s, and a social hall added in 1973.