In 1902, the Cedar Grove church sponsored a brush arbor meeting in Climax. At the close of the meeting, the members voted to move the church to the new site in Climax. The land was deeded by N. C. Bell to T. J. Bell, S. S. Dixon, and Homer Brooks, the trustees. In 1903, a one-room structure large enough to seat six hundred was constructed. Until the church was finished, the members met in a blacksmith's shop. The first pastor was Rev. E. L. Patrick. In 1937, the old building was torn down and the present one erected on the same lot.
The various leadership positions of this church change from year to year but continue to have a stable ministry with lay speakers, lay leaders, music directors, Sunday school teachers, Women's missionary groups, and men's missionary groups.