2020 Virtual Annual Conference Session: Read wrap-up articles, watch archived AC session & worship services

Colquitt UMC - Southwest


History

The first available record of this church was reported in the 1857 Florida Conference. That year, Rev. John M. Hendry was assigned as pastor. In 1878, a one-room structure was built on West Main Street. From 1903-1904, a new frame church was built at the current location. This building was brick veneered from 1938-1942. This structure was destroyed by fire on July 26, 1976. A new church structure was completed in 1978 and dedicated in 1980. In 1956, the church was named Church of the Year in the Thomasville District. It was also Church of the Year in 1963 and 1978. In 1981, the UMW was recognized as a top church in the Thomasville District for fulfilling 95% of goals set by the district. Acolytes were first used and a Boy Scout troop formed in 1983. The Moody house was bought in 1986 and the Outreach Center started there in 1987.

 

Location

453 E Main St
Colquitt GA 39837

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.