This church was organized in 1923 as the result of a brush arbor meeting. First named Lucile Chapel Church in honor of the youngest daughter of Mrs. Mills, from whom the land was purchased. The church was later named Vincent in honor of its founder and first pastor, Rev. Marvin Vincent. The first building was erected at the forks of the road near Spring Creek in 1954. Its art glass window above the pulpit was a gift from Mrs. Ramus Freeman, wife of the pastor. During the pastorate of Rev. Bob Dorsey, the church received the Rural and Small Town Church Award.
During the early 1970s, the church was painted inside and out by the church youth, carpeting, and a new heating, and air-conditioning added. During the late 1970s, UMW was reorganized, a children's choir started, and further church renovations completed. The church steeple was added in the early 1980s. In 1990, the Edison Charge purchased a new parsonage and sponsored a Summer Camp Meeting with evening services at each church in August. In 1992, an addition was completed which enlarged the fellowship hall and added restrooms and a nursery to the church building. In the 1990s, a Charge-wide Vacation Bible school was held several times at Vincent and the church continued to support the Vashti-Walk-A-Thon, Walk to Emmaus, and community Fall Festivals and Easter services. In 2001, the church started two Scout Troops, a Food Bank, and helped support a local Hispanic ministry.