The land for the church, parsonage and patch, and one hundred dollars in cash were given by Thomas E. Mitchell of Thomasville. The construction of the church occurred in 1890, while Rev. J. T. Ryder was pastor at Spring Hill Methodist Church. An Irishman built the church and he also built the Baptist Church in the area. In 1892, Rev. John Outler became the first full-time pastor. The majority of the members were former members of Springhill Methodist Church. The bell was purchased from a church in Tallahassee, Florida. This first structure was destroyed in 1934 by a tornado. The only thing left standing was the lectern on which lay the Holy Bible. That Bible is still used in the church. The following year, the new church was built by local carpenters, Mr. W. P. Kindred and his son Mr. A. J. Kindred, under the pastorate of Rev. Stipes. The fellowship room was built in 1954-1955, while Rev. W. W. Taylor was the pastor, and it included bathrooms, a kitchen, and Sunday school rooms. Mrs. Julia Hicks played a pivotal role in the realization of this dream. Sometime between 1967 and 1970, the awning style windows were redone and made into double-hung windows with window air conditioners being purchased. In 1971, Helen Rose Soul left funds as a memorial to her parents to pay bills for church members. Central air conditioning was added in 1993. In 2004, the old double doors at the front entrance were removed and replaced with a wall that contains a beautiful stained glass memory window. The final touch has been a steeple, which was placed there in December 2012.