In 1889, Meigs Methodists met first in members' homes. Then, Methodists and Baptists met together in a lumber mill shed on the west side of the railroad. It was a mission church, meaning the conference helped pay the pastor's salary. On April 3, 1890, Rev. E. M. McHome received nine charter members by certificate into the Meigs Methodist Church. Mrs. J. N. Carter sold a lot for the church building in 1895. The church was erected the same year and was a one-story building used by both the Baptists and Methodists until the Baptists built their own church in 1897. In 1912, with help from J. A. Bowers, Meigs became a station church. The trustees were C. F. Stubbs, J. A. Sasser and George L. Bunch. The lot behind the church was then purchased for a parsonage. In 1916, the Meigs-Ochlocknee, Beulah, McIntyre Circuit was formed. The two-story Sunday school was annexed to the rear of the building and the sanctuary was brick veneered in 1929. The sanctuary was remodeled with carpet runners and heating plant installed in 1939. The pastor was Rev. Roy J. Bond and the trustees were J. A. Bowers, J. A. Martsfield, and J. B. Proctor. When the McIntyre church closed, many of those members moved to Meigs and the Meigs-Ochlocknee Charge was formed.
In 1945, the parsonage was remodeled and in 1946 an electric organ was donated to the church by Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Pilcher in memory of their son, J. L. Pilcher, Jr. In 1947, the church purchased the lot to the west of the site from Mrs. J. L. Pilcher. The steeple was removed, a double door entrance was created, and a large stoop and portico were added in 1953. Meigs-Ochlocknee was named the Town and Country Circuit for the Thomasville District in 1953. The Meigs parsonage needed a renovation and the decision was made to move the parsonage to the Max Beverly home which had been donated. The original parsonage was rented to retired ministers.
On September 14, 1977, lightning struck the church and it was destroyed by fire. Kelso Carter, a Meigs native living in Moultrie, donated a lot farther east for a new church building with more parking. The first service in the new sanctuary was held in 1979, and it was a funeral for Mrs. J. A. Bowers. In October 1979, there was a consecration service with Rev. Max Hill and Rev. Glenn Martin officiating. The church was dedicated in 1981, by Bishop Joel McDavid and a steeple was added in 1982. Rev. Mary Jane Wilson-Parsons became the first female pastor for the charge in 1986. The Meigs Charge was named Charge of the Year for the Thomasville District in 1990.