Covid-19 Update from the Bishop & Cabinet: Watching carefully the rise in COVID infection rates

Putney UMC - Southwest


History

This church was organized in 1960, under the leadership of Franklin Springer, a certified lay speaker and member of Morningside church. Feeling that Putney community would be a good location for a new Methodist church, he stopped one day and talked to some of the people about the need for a church. As a result of the interest generated, a tent was erected in a grove owned by Mr. and Mrs. R.C. Williamson and services were held. The ground was broken for the first building on an acre of land given by Mr. and Mrs. J.W. Giddens. The first pastor was Rev. Earle E. Hart. In 1973, the Kingdom Building gave the money to purchase additional land and supplied a portable building to use while the new sanctuary was completed. The present building was occupied on November 7, 1976. Putney UMC was named Church of the Year in 2002, for the Thomasville District. During that time the church added evening worship service, family night suppers, and a new evangelism group called Fishers of Men.

 

Location

1301 Dorough Avenue
Albany GA 31705

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.