This church, in Thomas County, was organized in 1909, following a 6-week tent meeting led by Rev. F Aratliff with the song leader and organist, Fred Gilmer. The same year, it erected the present building from pine siding given by area members. Half of the original acre was donated by J P McCain and the other half purchased. The first pastor was Rev. Reese Griffin. Two Sunday school rooms were added in the early 1950s. The tin roof was replaced in 1982. The original pews, manufactured in Thomasville, and the original wooden ceiling and altar were still in place in 1984. In 2005, an adjacent half-acre lot was donated to the church by Mr. Coy Jackson for use as a parking lot. Previously, the church has been part of the Dixie-Barwick and Barwick charges. In 1953, it became part of the Dixie-Pidcock-Ozell Charge. As of 2017, it was on the Dixie/Ozell Charge.