This church, in Thomas County, was organized in 1869, in a brush arbor under the leadership of Rev. Nicholas Moses Reddick. First called Lebanon Church, it erected a wooden building in 1870-1871. When the town changed its name to Pavo, the Latin for peacock, in honor of pioneer citizen D. D. Peacock, the church name changed. In 1902, the present building was erected on land given by Dr. J. Frank Harris. It was remodeled in 1941 and 1945; an educational building was added in 1942. The first reported Quarterly Conference, in 1905, noted that powerful revivals held in Pavo and Barwick had added 26 new members to the Pavo church. The church celebrated its 100th anniversary in March 1969. In 1986-1987, the sanctuary was remodeled and stained glass windows installed and dedicated. Pavo/Ione Charge dissolved June 2013, when Ione UMC was discontinued and the church became a station church.