On September 20, 1908, Mrs. Florence Hartsfield deeded a tract of land to O. C. Bell, C. J. Smith, and J. L. Hartsfield, trustees of the Methodist Church in this area. The church was constructed soon after the deed was granted and the first pastor was Rev. C. A. Norton. The original building is still being used today. In the early days, the Hartsfield church was in the Valdosta District and a parsonage was maintained in Hartsfield. Then, the church was moved to the Thomasville District and put on the Sale City charge. The church building has been completely remodeled with the interior being painted, Venetian blinds added, modern electrical features updated, concrete steps replacing wooden stairs
, and Sunday school rooms added. In 1952, a library, social hall, and kitchen were combined and several Sunday school rooms added. A porch was constructed, new pulpit furniture bought, kneeling pads added to kneelers at the altar, and carpeting installed.