First organized about 1880, this church was a member of the Florida Conference until 1867. The first listed pastor was Rev. Robert W. Flourney in 1866-1867. The members listed on the earliest records are Hays, Sapp, Dickey, Doss, Strickland, Jones, Sessions, Atkinson, Harvin, Gwaltney, Brown and Van Brunt. In 1885, Mrs. W. J. Dickey (Lizzie Wilmot) organized a Missionary Society, going to the church each month with her programs. Mrs. Dickey was faithful in her work until her death. The first building of logs and hand-hewn timbers was built on a hill. After it "was gone", services were held in the two-story Masonic lodge. The Masons gave the building to the church in 1875, and it was converted into the present structure. It too has hand-hewn timbers and hand-planed wide boards. The first Sunday School was organized just after the Civil War and William E. Hays acted as the first Superintendent. Since 1949, when a Sunday School building was added, a front porch and new altar have been added. The pews and floors are original. Behind the church is "the spring" from which several generations have drunk, using gourds and glasses and even magnolia leaves as dippers.