The date for the organization or building of this church is not known, but the property for the present location was deeded in 1882. In the 1888 Minutes of this conference, Rev. J.G. Ahern was assigned pastor of the Alapaha Circuit. The parsonage was in Alapaha. In the very early beginning, there were few male members, so the lady stewards went from store to store asking for donations to pay the preacher on each "preaching day." Except for two one-year periods (1894-1895 and 1907-1908), Alapaha was the head of the Alapaha Circuit until 1926, at which time the parsonage was sold and the funds used to repair the circuit's churches. Since 1944 Alapaha, Enigma, and Glory have been on the same charge, with Alapaha head of a charge again in the 1950s. During the pastorate of Rev. J.C. Ivey, this church had services twice a month.
A Woman's Missionary Society began in 1933. In the 1940s, an annex was built from lumber purchased from the old Baptist church as it was torn down. In the 1950s, a tornado damaged the sanctuary and so it was remodeled. A fellowship hall with a stage and a new parsonage w
ere built in the early 1960s . During the 1970s the church had an active men's fellowship, church school, UMYF, and a mission-minded mid-week service.