The deed to Wesley Chapel was made in 1880 and named in honor of John Wesley, founder of Methodism. Rev. R. B. Bryan was the pastor in 1882, and it was a part of the Morven Circuit in the Thomasville District. In 1953, the church was remodeled and three Sunday school rooms were added. Rev. W. A. Sedwick was the pastor. During the pastorate of Rev. James Harris, an additional renovation was done including a new roof and siding, kitchen and restrooms. Recently, additional classrooms have been added in the attic and new pews and carpeting installed in the sanctuary. Starting in 1930, Wesley Chapel and Berlin were on the same charge.