This church began in a school building, built by A. B. Hollingsworth, first as a Sunday school and then later with services conducted by Rev. J. Shirah. In 1904, the church was built by the members with timber given by Mr. Hollingsworth. In 1919, Chula Circuit included Chula, Bethel, Harding, Mt. Calvary, and Damascus with Rev. W. D. Rabun as pastor. In 1921, a parsonage was built across the street from the church. Two of the early pastors serving the church were Rev. F. A. Ratcliff and Rev. Hines and the first Presiding Elder were Rev. Langston. Some of the Charter Members were the
Hollingsworths, Whiddons, Lesuers, Ellingtons, Claytons, Clays, Cockrells, and Jordans. It burned in 1943 and was immediately rebuilt. Rev. Jo H. Bridges was the pastor and the charge included Chula, Enigma, Harding, Mt. Calvary, Brookfield, and Oak Ridge. In 1968, the charge included Chula, Harding, and Oak Ridge and, in 1972, only Chula and Harding.