Rev. H.C. Jones helped to organize this church in 1899, in the home of Mrs. E.M. Adkins with about a dozen members. That first year it was a mission on the Camilla Charge, Thomasville District. In 1900, it was part of the Bold Springs Circuit, Thomasville District. Rev. John Swain assisted with the building of the church in that year, and, in 1901, Doerun Circuit was formed with a parsonage being built under the guidance of Rev. C.A. Norton. In 1936, this church became a station. In 1952, during the pastorate of Rev. Albert Hall, a new church plant was built on the present site. A brick veneer parsonage was built in 1954. A fellowship hall was added in 1964.
In 1922, a Woman’s Society Christian Service, now UMW, was started. In 1999, there was one large circle which met monthly. Men's Fellowship was organized in 1950. In 1993, the church became part of the Doerun/Funston Charge. The church celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1999.