Three years after the town of Hahira was chartered in 1888, the Macon Construction Co. donated a lot for construction of the Hahira MECS. The first church built soon burned down but was rebuilt the following year. Three years later, it burned down again and the site was moved to the present site. Today, the 1896 structure still stands in a modified form. Sunday school classrooms were added in1931, using materials from Webb's Chapel. Another Sunday school annex was added in 1954. The church was brick veneered in 1956, and a white steeple added. In 1960, the new brick parsonage replaced the wooden one on land deeded to the church by Mrs. R. Y. (Pearl) Scruggs. The Branch Circuit was organized in 1891, under James Orson Branch, Valdosta's presiding elder. It was supplied by John M. Hendry the first year.