When John M. Glenn was pastor of the Lake Park Circuit in 1894, it included Wright's Chapel, Statenville, Mt. Zion, Clyattville, and Lake Park. At that time members of the church, called Ocean Pond, moved the building with mules and logs to its present site from the oak grove site in Oceana nearby. There had been a church in this area since the 1840s, for the many circuits--Troupville, Grand Bay, Valdosta, Lowndes, and Echols-- as well as the districts--Tallahassee, Madison, Thomasville, Quitman, Brunswick, Waycross, and Valdosta--indicate earlier records of a church in this area. It even indicates that for a time it was in the Florida conference. Since 1900, the church has had an active Sunday school and women's group, first a Missionary Society and now a United Methodist Women. In 1938, it organized a Charge Laity Group which had Laity Day each fifth Sunday. A recent fellowship hall was named Mac Pierce Hall in honor of a former pastor. The portico on the front was added in 1978. In 1974, Lake Park became a station church.
The first Homecoming for the church was held in May 1976. The Parsonage was purchased in 1979. The church building burned on December 25, 1986, and the new brick building was built in 1988 and was dedicated by Bishop Richard Looney in 1993. The church won Church of the Year in 1990. Among its programs was an Awareness Committee, which does local mission work in the community, and participation in the Community Worship Service, held each fifth Sunday night with other area churches. In 1994, the church celebrated its Sesquicentennial and started work on the Nursery, Sunday school rooms, and Kindergarten area.