This church was organized in 1834, in a frame building in the western part of the town. The first pastor is believed to have been Rev. W. A. Farley. This original building was sold and a new wooden frame building constructed on the present site in 1880. Plans for the church were drawn by Rev. M. M. Marshall, pastor of Rose Hill Church, who had been an architect prior to entering the ministry. This church was burned in 1926, and the present building built soon after.