Originally located in Berrien County (now Cook County), Antioch UMC was started as a brush arbor meeting in 1874. Services were held once a month in a log building north of the current site and in 1880 a wooden structure was built. The first pastor to serve at Antioch was Rev. Peter Simmons Twitty. In 1913, with Rev C. W. Curry as pastor, the church was enlarged to include a choir loft, spanking room, and steeple. While Brother Theo Pharr was the pastor, a carbide light plant was installed, replacing the kerosene lamps. In 1921, Rev. Herbert Ethridge taught Bible at Sparks College as well as serving this charge. He asked for help and John Shell, a ministerial student at Sparks, lent a hand. After an earlier building fund failed to raise enough, a former carpenter turned preacher arrived. Rev. Tyler Rauls saw a new sanctuary built from the cutting of the timber for lumber to the service of dedication in March 1949. Bishop Moore preached the sermon, but it was the pastor's triumph. Antioch has been on many charges; Good Hope, Barney, Hahira, Adel, Berlin, Sparks and with Lenox since 1960. In 1968, it was Circuit of the Year for the Valdosta District.
In 1988, a brick parsonage was built and, in 1994, the Fellowship Hall was enlarged providing larger Sunday school classrooms and offices. In 2001, groundbreaking began on a new sanctuary and connecting wing. This construction was completed in 2002.
People who have entered the ministry from Antioch UMC are Mr. Emerson Crosby, Rev. Jim Handcock, Mr. Nat Griffin and Mr. Clayton Griffin. A publication entitled "History of the Antioch Methodist Church" was written by Miss Hazel Whitehurst.