The church was organized in 1900, just off the road from Statesboro to Sylvania in the Goloid community. A wooden church was built, but it was destroyed by fire in 1941. The members were determined to have a church so they worked to rebuild it. In 1979, the present building was remodeled, the walls paneled, new seats, light fixtures, and carpeting added. Restrooms were built, also. This church was placed on the Statesboro Circuit, Statesboro District, in 1972 when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference. The other churches on this charge were Brannen Chapel, Springhead, and Charlestown. These churches were all part of the Georgia Conference of the Methodist Church following the 1940 merger of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and Methodist Protestant Church.