In 1776, the New Hope Church began southeast of Davisboro. The wooden structure with hand-hewn beams down the center of the building is still being used today for worship services. Sunday school rooms and a new entrance with memorial windows were added in 1945. In 1801, Francis Asbury writes in his journal of holding "our quarterly meeting" at New Hope. In 1865, General Sherman camped in the New Hope church destroying church records, hymn books and most of the weatherboarding. This was one of the very few churches that w
ere spared by General Sherman. The social hall was added in 1976, and a great celebration held for the 200th anniversary of the church and the nation.