In 1854, this church was founded and a building was built on this site. The present building was built in 1923. During the 1950s, two additions were made that included classrooms, fellowship hall, and kitchen. Recently, in 1982, the sanctuary and fellowship hall have been renovated with the addition of paneling and new carpeting. In 1919, Oak Grove was a part of the Rocky Ford Circuit with Rev. J. M. Patterson, the pastor. The churches on the circuit were Oak Grove, Woodcliff, Scarboro, and Mt. Carmel. This circuit was in the Savannah District. In 1930, the charge had Eureka, Goloid, Oak Grove, Rocky Ford, Union, and Woodcliff; Oak Grove reported a hundred and one members, four less than Rocky Ford, the largest church. In 2008 the church became a station church.