Covid-19 Update from the Bishop & Cabinet: Watching carefully the rise in COVID infection rates

Portal UMC - Northeast


History

There were twelve members when this church was organized in the home of W. E. Parsons in 1909. Rev. Harry Stubbs, the pastor of the Graymont Circuit, was the first pastor. In 1910, a wooden church was built. In 1970, a new brick church was erected in the wooden church's place. In 1919, Portal was on the Graymont Circuit, Dublin District, with Graymont and Zion, Rev. C. B. McDaniel, pastor. By 1940 the charge was Metter and Portal, Savannah District, with Rev. Bernard Brown, the pastor. In 1956, again, in the Dublin District, Portal became a station. Rev. David Hudson was the pastor. In 1979, Pleasant Hill UMC in the Garfield Charge merged with Portal. Afterwards, the church was on the Portal/Payne's Chapel Charge until June 2008, it again became a station.

 

Location

Church Street
Portal GA 30450

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.