The date of organization for this church is unknown, but the first building housed the school until the church was organized. In 1879, John Bradford deeded three acres of land to the church, but this deed was not recorded until August 14, 1880. Trustees were M. Marshall, Thomas Nichols, J. L. Wright, J. M. Hall, D. R. Stephens, Henry Marshall and William Marshall. In 1948, a tornado came through the community and tore the church down. Rev. Albert Hall was the minister at this time and, under his ministry and guidance, the church was rebuilt. The pine trees that grew on the church property were sold to help pay for the new sanctuary. The Sunday school was reorganized in 1965, and in 1966, under the pastorate of Rev. R. V. Williams, the church was renovated and services went from once a month to twice a month. The renovation included three classrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen and a social hall. The UMW was formed in 1972, with Mrs. Lera Gray Sadler as president. Under the pastorate of Rev. Fred Foster in 1977, services were held every Sunday.