The church first met in a schoolhouse for years until a church was built in 1908. The land was donated by Mr. and Mrs. E. Hampie Sikes and the present church sits on the same site. Nearby land was also given to the trustees, Ashton Lewis, Henry Sikes and Alec Hendrix, for a cemetery. Mr. J. S. Hendrix of Claxton was the contractor and Mr. Ashton Lewis was the director of construction for the first building. Mr. Willie Sikes, son of Hampie Sikes, hauled the lumber from Addebelle. The first frame building was never completed and eventually blew down in 1932. Worship continued in the schoolhouse until another church was built. Not long after Sikes Chapel's first sanctuary was blown down, Trinity Methodist Church was destroyed by a hurricane and the members of Trinity worshipped with Sikes Chapel, which greatly increased their membership.
The first burial in the cemetery was an infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Ashton Lewis in July 1908, and the first funeral in the church was that of twelve-year-old Rhodie Sikes, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Hampie Sikes in September 1908. The first known revival was held in 1915, with Rev. Charles Strickland preaching and Miss Ruth McCorkle playing the organ.
The second church building was constructed in 1932, during the pastorate of Rev. Clyde Harvard and was used until 1961, when it was sold and replaced with a new church building. The third sanctuary was consecrated on April 29, 1962, with Dr. Frank Robinson, District Superintendent, officiating and Rev. C. H. Donaldson as pastor. The dedication service was held on October 20, 1968, while Rev. Leland Collins was the pastor. In December 1968, new pews, a new piano and new tables and chairs for the fellowship hall were purchased.