Mt. Calvary was organized in November 1914, by the Rev. F. A. Ratcliff under a brush arbor. The first building was constructed shortly after the organization of the church. The deed for the property reveals that the land was granted or sold on November 4, 1914, for the sum of $50. In 1919 and 1940, Mt. Calvary was on the Chula Circuit, but in 1968 it was placed on the Brookfield Circuit. In 1970-1980, this church was on the Trinity Tifton charge and, in 1981, the Ty Ty Charge. In 1982, it was placed back on the Chula Charge. With the change of charges in 1970, it became possible to have services each Sunday at 9:30 am. In 1973, a Sunday school was organized and the sanctuary was remodeled. By 1974, a new multi-purpose building had been completed.