This church was organized in 1910, with Rev. M.B. Ferrell, the pastor of Leslie, serving as its first pastor. From 1911-1933, Desoto was on the Leslie-Mt. Zion Circuit, 1933-1956 the Leslie-Leesburg Charge, 1956-1964 Leslie-Smithville Charge, and 1964-1984 Leslie-Desoto. An interdenominational Sabbath school was held until 1927. The church building was used for services by Methodists, Baptists, Lutheran, Primitive Baptists, and Presbyterians for many years.
The Woman's Missionary Society and the Epworth League were organized in 1925. In 1929, Sunday school rooms were built across the back of the church. A Junior MYF was organized in 1956. In 1958, the church front porch was enclosed and a double door added. In 1967, the lighted bulletin board was donated. In 1968, the Fellowship Building, containing two Sunday school rooms, restrooms, kitchen, and a large fellowship hall was dedicated. In June 2014, the church was moved from the dissolved Americus District to the newly organized Northwest District.