2020 Virtual Annual Conference Session: Read wrap-up articles, watch archived AC session & worship services

Crossroads UMC - North Central


History

Organized April 1, 1968, in the sanctuary of old First Baptist Church in Perry with ninety-four charter members, this church was a project of the Conference Board of Missions and Church Extension, Rev. Carlton Carruth as director, and Perry Methodist Church.  Sunday school, Woman’s Society Christian Service, and Youth Fellowship groups were started. The first building was consecrated October 1, 1971. The new sanctuary was opened for worship in 1983. Rev. C. Dick Reese was the first pastor. In 1983 this church sponsored the resettlement of a Vietnamese family in Perry.
 
In 1985, a larger parsonage was purchased. In 1993, the building holding the current offices, parlor, choir room, and several classrooms were completed. On May 18, 2003, the church celebrated its 35th Anniversary. In 2010, a new playground was designed and built by church volunteers for the church Children's Ministry programs

 

Location

1600 Main Street
Perry GA 31069

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.