The beginning of Methodism here is unknown, but their building, on a lot of the present Primitive Baptist Church, was the rebel headquarters in the Civil War
. Before 1880, that building was moved to Mountain Spring with the members joining Bethel on Bump Head Road, five miles from town. In 1886, a new church was built in Andersonville. Later, Bethel closed and its members joined Andersonville UMC and County Line UMC.
On March 3, 1904, the 1886 building was blown down by a storm. Rebuilt in 1905, it was used until 1928 when it became unsafe
. As the membership was so small, they accepted the hospitality of the Baptist Church until 1938, when a new building was built on the present site. C. A. Johnson gave the lot, and materials from the old church were used. A tornado damaged this church on April 17, 1947. Again they rebuilt and had paid the total $10,272.93 by September 4, 1949, when it was dedicated. By 1951, the membership had grown to 56. Stained glass windows were added in 1971, and a fellowship hall, classrooms and pastor's study finished in 1982.